TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: i think saving the NA rotating assembly isn't worth it.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: i think saving the NA rotating assembly isn't worth it.

Posted by Z32_Tree_Killer on June 25, 2016 at 12:14 AM
  This message has been viewed 251 times.

In Reply To i think saving the NA rotating assembly isn't worth it. posted by Schmeal (NV) on June 24, 2016 at 07:05 PM

Message The TT motor i'm getting is already fully dissembled. The guy pulled it apart to see what went wrong (spun rod bearing). The guy also said that he already took the crank to an engine builder and was told its borderline on needing to be replaced. I will have to see it in person. If the cranks garbage I don't see anything wrong with using the NA. The block, crank, main bearings, and rods are all the same NA to TT.... Either way the NA motor has to be pulled. What is a few more hours too strip it down to bare block again? I will be doing this over the winter so no big deal on having the car down. Plus i'm only spending $350 for a complete TT motor minus turbos... meaning I'll be able to swap over everything onto the NA block. Hell, I would pay someone $350 for a set of TT heads. The fact i'm getting everything from the oil pan to the exhaust manifolds is a bonus.
As an update to all parts I'm getting after multiple phone calls and negotiating:
Craigslist guy #1
Complete Twin Turbo motor (no turbos)
Nismo 555cc injectors (Expensive $$$)
$500

Craigslist guy #2
Megan Racing Down pipes
Megan Racing Test pipes
Intake hard pipes
CX racing aluminum intercollers
Earls oil cooler and hard lines
All intercooler piping 8 pcs
Accordian tubes 2 pcs
TT EFI harness
TT fuel pump and controller
Competion stage 2 clutch
Fidanza flywheel
Ashspec Dual Pass Radiator (Fan and shroud included)
Autometer A Pillar 3 Gauge Pod
TT rear sway bar
All for $1600

I've spent a long time researching this investment and I don't think I would consider using the NA short block (minus pistons) to be "a dime holding up a dollar"....
Anything I'm missing here or that I'm just plain stupid please let me know. Once again I'm NO TT EXPERT but I think this is a great starting point.
Thanks- Luke

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.